Last updated January 22, 2024
AQUA’s objective is to protect all information about its users and allow them to feel safe when they use our Services with the utmost levels of privacy possible.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only log information you provide directly to us. For instance, we log information when you request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, complete a form, or when you download the AQUA Wallet either from any of the app stores where it’s available or our own website https://aquawallet.io.
The types of information that may be collected include your email address, Bitcoin addresses, transaction IDs, swap IDs, or any other information you choose to provide when using our services or requesting support for them.
Additional information may be collected depending on whether you opt in to certain settings in the application. For example, if you opt in to data collection in the settings of any version of AQUA, additional information about your interactions with our mobile application may be collected pseudonymously.
When you access or use our Services, we may receive information, which includes:
App Stores may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile application, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
We may receive crash reports from our mobile applications which would contain, for example, operating system and app version information, system stack traces, and other technical diagnostic information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
Our Services support or are integrated with several third-party services. We are not responsible for the data protection, privacy policies, or any practices related to the collection, use, storage and processing of information carried out by any third-party service providers, hence we will also not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the handling of information by third-party services.
Any third-party services may collect information as determined by their own privacy policies. In order to comply with global industry regulatory standards, specific local regulations, or government mandates, third-party service providers may adhere to Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know-Your-Client (KYC), and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) practices that require them to collect information from AQUA users. Third-party service providers are solely responsible for explaining to you the content and requirements of such personal information each time these entities request information.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- With the Bitcoin Network and Liquid Network, we will share your public wallet address and any transaction details to facilitate any transaction request you submit via the Services;
- With vendors and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. It is our practice to require such parties to handle the information in a manner consistent with our policies;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or as otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.